I can’t believe summer is almost over. It seems like yesterday it just started. All the stores are bringing in their back to school supplies and fall decorations while I sit outside trying to soak in the very last bits of summer sun. Here are 5 things you can do to make summer last just a little bit longer:
1. Soak in the rays- Even if you live in the middle of Kansas take out a towel or beach chair and sit in your backyard or by a lake if you’re lucky enough to have one and just tan. Turn up your music and live like summer lasts forever.
2. Make a fruity drink- I love to make smoothies in the morning. Use a handful of frozen strawberries and a banana to combine with about a cup and a half of milk. You can add a little sugar for more sweetness. Blend on high for about a minute. Pour it into a pretty little glass and put whipped cream on top!
3. Play the Beach Boys- Nothing says summer like one of these 1960s summertime tunes. A classic for most Americans, the Beach Boys bring the sounds of summer to wherever you are. I could literally listen to them all day. Here’s a link to one of my favorite songs!
4. Go swimsuit shopping- Right now swimwear is so cheap! Buy a cute new suit to save for next year (or the rest of this summer.) I happen to know Target and Old Navy are practically giving theirs away.
5. Go for a picnic- Seriously, enjoy the warm weather because four months from now you’ll be wanting it back. Go in the evening when the sun is setting to avoid the intense heat of the afternoon. Pack up some fruit like pineapple, strawberries, peaches or whatever suits your fancy. Add in fresh bread and some cheese. Finish it off with a glass of white wine or a fizzy drink.
Share with your friends and get together for one last summer bash!