If you’re in the eastern part of the United States right now, then you know its raining like monsoon season in Asia. Since I can’t go outside to chop wood or reseed the lawn (like I’d do that anyway), I’m inside doing some planning and prepping for when I finally move out and get my own place!
I’m focusing on the kitchen and making a list of things I’ll be needing. From utensils and sauce pans to basic mixing bowls, I’ll be buying out all of Williams Sonoma! Given my budget though, it might be more like the housewares section of Target. After looking through my list, I’m noticing a trend: I really only care about buying baking supplies. Quite honestly, I don’t care if I have the supplies needed to steam veggies or grill a steak because neither of those things I’ll ever be doing anyway.
I found a fabulous company called Sur la Table and they specialize in cookware. Their selection of baking products is awesome though! Here are nine things every girl needs in her kitchen.
- Very basic, a stand mixer. My mom got one for Christmas a few years ago and it has been loved and used ever since.
- Measuring cups and spoons. Do I need to explain this one?
- For the messy baker, an apron. Sur la Table has plenty of adorable ones to choose from!
- Simply because they look so cute, a tart pan!
- I love a cute cupcake so these cupcake liners are a must for every cupcake connoisseur.
- Tea towels. I literally can’t buy enough of them, partly because our chocolate lab loves to steal them and run around the house.
- Cookie cutters! Seriously, sugar cookies are for all year round.
- For the love of all things pretty and Paris themed, a cute spatula. It’s a basic for baking right?
- A cake stand. There’s nothing more adorable than a pretty pastry sitting in a glass display.
What’s on your baking basics list? Leave a comment!