Here’s a little gym/fitness update for those who need inspiring on this lovely Tuesday! Since I’ve started going to the gym regularly, I’ve had a lot more energy and I’ve noticed an increased sense of satisfaction with my life. I go for about 90 minutes 4 days a week and really try to work my arms, legs, and stomach the hardest. I’ve lost about 5lbs. since the first time I weighed in. I increasingly see toning and definition in my body that wasn’t there before. On top of this, I’ve met some really great people in my gym that make it worth going to.
I try to switch up my routine fairly often to give my body a challenge but there are 5 exercises I always do that have really helped me tone my muscles!
- Seated Row– My arms are always killing me by the end of this. I do about 3 sets of 25 reps.
- Hip Abduction- Some people love this and others think it doesn’t do much for you. Personally, I love it. My thighs are always burning for about a day after the initial exercise. I do 3 sets of 30 reps.
- Hamstring Curl– This exercise is so great for the muscle the runs from the back of your knees up to the area right underneath of your butt. I’ve noticed that it’s helping lift my butt (or lack thereof) and making it look firmer. I do about 2 sets of 20 reps.
- Bench Press- It’s pretty basic but there’s a reason it works! I don’t bench much trust me, but the little bit I do has really firmed my upper arms and chest area. I do 2 sets of 10 reps.
- Incline Walking- I’m not a great runner so I’ve found that jumping on the treadmill and turning up the incline is a great compromise to all the running people do around me. I do a fast-paced walk at an incline for about 20 minutes to get my blood pumping for the rest of my workout.
Enjoy your time in the gym. I know this is easier said than done. I figure the time I spend suffering now will be well worth the great beach body I have later!