Today’s post is all about celebrating the last bits of fall and enjoying November! I feel like we jump from Halloween to Christmas too fast and don’t get to relish in the forgotten but equally important month of November. For whatever reason, we lump Thanksgiving and Christmas into one big event! The stores are stocking Christmas trees already, Hallmark channel is playing their cheesy Christmas movies, and I’ve seen more than one eggnog latte being sold. Meanwhile, Thanksgiving gets a little shelf filled with silly looking pilgrims and a turkey. In the spirit of enjoying this month, here’s 5 things to put on your to-do list.
How to Enjoy November
- Take a walk- It’s amazing how very little people get to enjoy the outdoors. Whether you’re going to walk down a city sidewalk or a country road, go feel the crisp air and smell the freshness of it.
- Bake a legit pie- Not a frozen one or anything that says “Marie Calendar’s,” a real one that you baked yourself from scratch.
- Plan your Thanksgiving table- Whether you have a big crew coming or it’s you and your cat, bring out the linens that need pressing and the china you only use once a year.
- Buy fresh pumpkins- The ones you carved for Halloween are probably a little soggy and rotten. There are plenty left to choose from at your local farmer’s market though! Create the perfect front door display for Thanksgiving!
- Create a leaf garland- A Pinterest DIY that’s sure to be more difficult than it looks, but give it a shot anyway! You get points for creativity at least.
Share with me what you might add to this list with a comment below! Follow me on Twitter to find out what sweet thing my mom left for me as a welcome home present! Is it annoying if I say #blessed?