Good morning beauties! I hope you’re enjoying a big cup of coffee like I am right now. Every morning when I get up, coffee is the first thing I go for. It’s my little bit of calm in a world full of craziness. Whether I’m on the run or ready to sit down and sip my coffee, there’s a few things I get annoyed about when I’m at my local Starbucks getting my java fix. Most of them will make you laugh or smile because you can relate if you love the coffee giant like I do.
Annoying Starbucks Things
- Indecisive people ordering: You stood in line for 5 minutes. How do you not know what you want yet? You’re holding up the line.
- Reloading the Starbucks card: Why can’t I just scan a little barcode and get my points that way? Do I really have to reload the card in order to be credited for my drink? Apparently so.
- Basic girl jokes: Yes, I’m white and ordering a pumpkin spice latte. What’s your point?
- Large strollers taking up space: I get it. You’re a busy mom on the run. But a stroller bigger than grandpa’s favorite recliner is not meant for small spaces like the ‘Bucks. Go through the drive through or use the convenient order ahead option so the stroller doesn’t have to make an appearance.
- The loud group in the corner: Life is so funny that you want to share it with everyone. That’s great except I’m not interested in what your friend Peter said at the last drama rehearsal, so quiet down.
- Judgmental questions about the price: “You paid how much for that coffee?” And you paid how much for Guitar God 3000? We all have priorities with our money and mine is good coffee while yours is maybe a computer game. Don’t judge me and I won’t judge you.
- Coffee snobs: “If you think Starbucks has good coffee, then you clearly haven’t been to any actual coffee shops before.” Yes actually, I have and I still like my Starbucks. Go back to your special dark exotic bean handpicked by children in the deep jungles while I enjoy my latte.
- Lemon pound cake crumbles left behind: These wonderful pastries leave an awful mess if the person who devoured it forgot to clean up their table. Mix them with the inevitable coffee ring left behind and you have yourself a table to buss.
- Ridiculous “secret menu” order: If it isn’t on the menu, then don’t order it! Telling the barista you want their dark chocolate peanut butter frappucino and expecting them to know how to make it is silly. What’s worse is when you have to go through Pinterest to find the recipe (because we all know that’s how you found it.) Thanks for holding up the line.
- Lack of power outlets: Of course I pick the table without a power outlet near by. Sigh. First world problems.
If you have any of your own pet peeves in Starbucks, leave a comment! I’m sure there are plenty to go around.