Happy Monday beauties! I thought I’d start off the day with something kind of meant to be humorous but also an honest opinion about some of the latest trends we saw on the runways. Designers work hard to be creative and put on a good show for us. However, sometimes they miss the mark! High fashion starts out as completely unwearable clothes for the average person and trickles down into retailers like Forever 21 that take these fashions and make them easy to wear. I can certainly appreciate these efforts but there are simply some things I still think missed the mark.
- The Slip Dress: I’m having a flash back to the 90s. Anyone attempting to wear the normal bra and underwear combo is going to be taken back when the lines of said undergarments are quite visible through this dress. If you enjoy going undie-less, then this might be the dress for you, otherwise avoid it.
- The Rucksack: In my humble opinion, it’s a glorified backpack. I’ve seen some that are actually pretty cute but they aren’t convenient unless you’re hiking up a mountain or in Disney World all day. Add some Furbies to it for a trip down memory lane though.
- The Denim High-Waisted Skirt: Hello mom’s wardrobe, I never thought you’d be in style. This is without a doubt my least favorite trend this spring. Whoever wanted to bring the 90s back really should have reconsidered before Forever 21 picked the trend up.
- The Choker: Seriously? Why is this back? Lizzie McGuire has long since ended and a piece of jewelry that is meant to resemble a tattoo is not an accessory I look forward to seeing on all these teenagers who think they’re clever.
- The Peasant Top: Not the worst trend this season but not my favorite either. Depending on the top, it can look really cute! However, I’ve seen a lot of the off-shoulder styles floating around and it’s a little unfortunate for anyone who wanted to leave the 70s in the past.
Feel free to debate me on this. There are just certain things I don’t like that come out of New York Fashion Week. Comment with your favorite or least favorite trend of the season!