As the temperatures start to warm up, I’m relearning the value ice-cold water has in my life. I adore the refreshing feeling it gives my body when I’ve been outside for a few hours in the sun. More than anything, I love to “dress” my water in something visually appealing!
I first had fruit-infused water at a spa in Disney World. They had a pitcher of cucumber melon water chilling by the snack bar for guests to enjoy. I never thought I could really enjoy and be satisfied by water alone but I was proven wrong! Adding fruit to something basic really makes it better.
This spring and summer I’ll be drinking a lot of this! Here’s what you’ll need:
- Water pitcher (or a large water bottle if you need it on the go)
- Cute drinking straws (for a festive look)
These four fruits are the easiest to combine if the need arises. I also suggest when hosting a party creating a “water bar” for healthier guests. Before the party starts, chill glasses in the freezer to give them a frosted look and then take them out when your guests arrive. Garnish with an orange wedge.
Enjoy your water!
Throughout my exploration of the fashion world I have learned many things. Such lessons included how crop tops are not flattering for everyone and faux fur can look really tacky if done incorrectly. One of the most important lessons that I learned though, is that every wardrobe requires a few basic things. I’ve covered this topic in another post, however I wanted to add to it four easy ways to make any outfit just a little bit classier.
- Classic Audrey Hepburn Breakfast at Tiffany’s style sunglasses. The shape of the glasses is universally flattering because the cat-eye visually lifts the face to give it a slimmer shape. Buy a pair in a tortoiseshell pattern like these ones I bought from Aldo.
- Red lipstick. It’s timeless and sophisticated. There are many shades of red to choose from so you’re bound to find one that looks good on you. I wear Nars’ Cruella and it looks fantastic with my dark brown hair (photo below).
- Neutral bag. I rarely buy shoes or handbags in bright or seasonal colors because I can’t use it all the time and it only goes with certain things. All of my totes/purses are investment purchases and I always choose either black, tan, or a pale pink like this one from Kate Spade.
- Strand of pearls. If I really have to explain this, then we have problems. Pearls are what Jackie Kennedy, Grace Kelly, and so many other glamorous ladies wore because they go with everything. Learn to love them!
Yesterday was gorgeous and today is a downpour of rain so I decided to keep a sunny state of mind by browsing the Kate Spade new arrivals section; always a source of inspiration! I loved everything I saw, but the adorable collection of totes and clutches really stole my heart. How does a fashion entity like Kate Spade take elements of a season and turn them into fabulous pieces to swoon over all day? I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything quite like it. Here are a few of my favorite bags (a few of which I really might kill for).
I’m hoping to find my way to a mall sometime soon to smell the new fragrance “Walking on Air.” They cleverly turned the bottle design into a cross-body bag for the spring collection. Trés chic if you ask me! I’m also loving the wicker bag trend I’ve been seeing everywhere!